Distance Learning Guidance: FACS 7-8
- In a full distance learning model, students will meet with their teachers in real-time, following their school schedule, to receive direct instruction. This support will allow them to master the content for this course.
- Professional development will be provided for teachers to adapt traditional classroom instruction to an online model at the systemic professional development day on August 26, 2020. Follow-up and additional training sessions regarding use of online platforms will be available.
- Classes will follow the students’ school schedules on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays. Wednesdays will be used for small group instruction, enrichment, and intervention.
- Students will meet with their teachers in real-time to receive direct instruction, they will also be able to access recordings of lessons in order to revisit content they would like to review.
- The Department of Career and Technical Education has gathered additional resources to assist teachers in transitioning to online instruction. (See Resources for Distance Learning.)
- The Program Coordinator and Instructional Specialist will be available to assist teachers in adapting their lessons and instructional strategies for online instruction.
- Project supplies will be provided to students.
Program and Scheduling Considerations
- Students will need to attend their classes as scheduled to ensure they meet the requirements.
- Teachers are expected to use class time for whole group and small group instruction as well as to provide group and independent classwork.
- Students working on technique should be monitored and assisted by the teacher.
Resources for Distance Learning